Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Winning Again!

I'm feeling much better again having achieved a 3-way split of first place last Sunday at Jokers. This is a 15,000 chip tournament with 15-minute rounds so there is plenty of playing time. I doubled up very early when a guy with 9-9 tried to get me to fold my 2 pair (A-Q) with an all-in bet on the 2nd or 3rd hand of the tournament. I barely had him covered and I almost did fold, but he hadn't reraised me before the flop and I just didn't think he had A-K (bigger 2 pair if he did) so I called him and was chip leader for most of the rest of the tournament.

I got lucky on the river a couple of times, one being the hand above and another when I held Q-J against A-A and hit a queen on the flop (no overcards) and a jack on the river. That guy was not happy, but he really never bet enough to get me off my top pair.

Anyway, I split with Debi (dealer Steve's mom) and Bob Johnson (a super nice guy who took my chip lead away from me but it was mostly my fault). Bob had a pretty big chip lead but offered to split anyway. We played one hand face up for the tournament of champions seat and I got that. Yippee!

Going to try the deepstack at Island tonight. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Phil said...

Good Luck, Lynne. Up and down for me in the cash game. Won the $100 1:00 p.m. high hand today, but still stuck $150. Ran my flopped flush into flopped nut flush.

Hit quad jacks yesterday and ended up small winner. Got to get back on the tournament trail.