Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tournament Number Two

Life is GOOD! The ladies-only (no limit) tournament went MUCH better than the limit tournament. I was one of about a dozen ladies from the Tri-Cities and we are a tough bunch. At least four made the money (last 2 tables, 18 players) and yours truly took down 7th place - BIG SMILE!! Carmen V., a very nice lady that I have played with before in some deep stack tournaments took first place! The Tri-Cities did very well, I would say.

This was so cool. Professional players Jan Fisher and Susie Isaacs were also at the final table. I did not know any of the other ladies except Carmen. I lasted longer than Jan, but Susie went out in 6th place. I received the all important Wildhorse cap with "final table" sewn on the back.

I played well all day, but the blinds and antes finally just got too steep for me and I had to go all-in with a J-6 suited in spades under the gun with only 15,000 left and blinds of 5,000 and 10,000 with a 2,000 ante. Carmen called with pocket deuces and hit a deuce on the flop. If she had not hit that deuce, I would have won the hand with a 6 on the turn. Oh, well. As they say, "that's poker".

I played until midnight and spent the night and drove back Wednesday morning to go back to work at 1:00 p.m. I am still pumped about my first "major" tournament win. Thanks to everyone for all the good luck wishes!!

No comments: