Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Still Winning

Call me butter . . . I'm on a roll. I won the 10:00 a.m. Saturday tournament at the Moose and split first at Joker's that same afternoon. My favorite part of the whole Joker's tournament was this hand:

3 players left. I was in the small blind, Billy Mack in the big blind and JP on the button. We all limped in. I had 7-2. Yippee! The flop was K-7-3 rainbow. I checked middle pair and both guys checked behind me.

The turn was a 6. We all checked again. The river was another king, so I had K-K-7-7-6. I checked. Billy Mack pushed all-in and JP folded. I had Billy Mack more than covered, but my concern was playing head's up without a lot of chips. After about 60 seconds, I decided that if he'd had a king, he surely would have bet the flop or the turn and if he had a 3 or a 6 or possibly a weak ace or something then I had the best hand. I called him and all he had was a 3.

This was fun for me (not for him of course) because just a few hands earlier we had been talking about my luck with the 7-2 and he told JP that I had beaten him with it in several pots in other tournaments (although I really don't remember). He was not happy to be beaten by me holding 7-2 again.

On Sunday at the Moose I made it to 5th place, but they only paid 3 spots. Still not a bad showing for the weekend though. I'm going to try the deep stack at the Island tonight.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Great weekend, Lynne. Glad to hear about it. Also, congrats on the final table at Wildhorse, you certainly are butter.