Monday, April 5, 2010

Last Woman Standing

The Crazy Moose had its qualifying tournaments for its Pendleton round-up prize package last weekend. I decided to play the 3:30 Sunday flight so I could just go right into the finals if I was so lucky. I got lucky early when my pocket queens held up against Thuy's K-J. She was playing in her usual aggressive style and knocked out 2 players early and had a huge chip stack which she proceeded to "donk" off in about 30 minutes. She could have just sat there and never played a hand and made it to the finals, but that's not her style, for which I thank her. Anyway, her chips helped me make it to the finals, although I only had 27,000 and a lot of the other players had over 40,000. But, hey - a chip and a chair! (I was also very happy to win 2 hands with my 7-2 offsuit - always fun!!)

The 2-table final started at 7:00 and I lasted until there were 6 or 7 players remaining. I made a terrible call on the second hand of the tournament, pitting my A-K offsuit against pocket kings and hitting an ace on the turn. Other than than, I believe I played very well. The A-K of clubs was my final hand against pocket jacks, so I guess you could say A-K got me off to a very good start and also finished me off! Nevertheless, the Crazy Moose had a "last woman standing" prize for the finals and I won that, so I get to play in the ladies tournament on Tuesday the 20th with free hotel stay that night. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Phil said...

Congratulations on winning the seat in the ladies tournament. Knock them dead.