Monday, April 5, 2010

Three "Phooeys" in a Row

Last Saturday morning in the 8:00 tournament, I ended up a little short stacked and was very happy to find pocket rockets in my hand with a raise in front of me, so naturally I shoved all-in. Old Joe called me with pocket 7s and hit a seven on the flop and I was gone. Phooey.

At the 10:00 tournament, being in just about the same predicament, Donna limped in and Grady moved all-in with just about 300 more chips than me and I looked down at pocket jacks. Again, I naturally moved all-in. Donna called. She had limped in (which is quite normal for her) with a pocket pair (9s). Grady had A-8 suited in spades. Once again, I was a huge favorite. Grady hit his ace on the river. Phooey.

The 12:30 deep stack tournament at Jokers was the worst, however, because I was 2 away from the money. There were only five players left and I had K-J clubs on the button and I raised 4 times the big blind. I got called by one player. The flop was jack high with two hearts and I went all-in. He had A-7 of hearts (naturally) and called me on a draw and got there. Phooey.

Three tournaments in a row . . . I was a huge favorite either before the flop or after the flop, although not quite so much on the last hand, but still . . . very phooey. It's always said that if you play well and you get your money in with the best of it that you should be proud of yourself and I guess I am, but it still doesn't make it any easier.

I'm such a whiner. Phooey.

No comments: