Friday, August 14, 2009

I Should Have Used The Stop 'n Go!!

The hands I had were ridiculous - I was short stacked and got QQ-JJ-JJ back-to-back-to back. I was gone from the tournament after the third pair and it is certainly because I played them badly. I was thinking about it after the fact and if I had simply called before the flop, I could have pushed after the flop and I simply know that I would still have been in the tournament.

Blinds were 200-400 and I only had 3400 left. Dante raised in middle position. I went all-in with my queens. The big chip stack called me and Dante put the rest of his chips in. I had Dante covered. He had A-9. Big stack had K-9 suited. The flop was 8-3-9. I don't remember the turn, but the river was an ace, so Dante hit two pair. I lost 1000 chips but was still in with 2400.

Very next hand . . . somebody raised and I went all-in again with my 2400 chips with J-J. I do not remember anything about this hand except that the flop was all under 10 and nobody beat me, so I was back up to about 4000.

Very next hand . . . Dante raised again. I pushed all-in again with J-J. This time he had A-K and hit his ace on the river . . . crap! Again, the flop was all small cards.

So, (thank you Phil) the moral of the story is maybe to see a whole lot more flops and push all-in afterward. I would not have won the first hand in any case, because Dante would have beaten me, but I still had chips and I'm positive I would have won the last two with the old stop 'n go. Something to think about.

No comments: