Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Couple of Good Wins (And Fun Too)

I split first place with "old" Joe in the Saturday morning 8:00 tournament at the Crazy Moose last weekend. I played a basic solid game for the entire tournament except for one time when I got really stupid (and extremely lucky) trying to steal Triple Gutter's big blind. I was on the button so I figured it was worth a try. The blinds were 300-600 so I made it 1500 to go. My mistake was that Gary was all-in for 200 in the small blind and I did not realize it. This is what I get for not paying attention. Then Niles went all-in for 1800. I was pot committed. I called. Yes, I had 7-2 offsuit. Oh, my God. Anyway, the dealer flopped me a seven and it held up and I knocked out two players with my favorite garbage hand. Life is good.

I also took a solid fourth place in the Saturday afternoon tournament at the Cable Bridge. I believe I would have finished higher except the chip leader (Dante) was totally on fire and catching everything. He made a normal raise before the flop. I re-raised with pocket nines and he put me all in. I insta-called because I just knew I had him beat and I was right - he had pocket fours. However, as he was totally on fire he spiked a four right in the door and that was it for me. Oh, well. I love going all-in with the best hand. It's all you can really do.

No comments: