Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Must Be Doing Something Right

I took 2nd last night at the Cable Bridge, which was good for $200 (only a $15 tournament, so not a bad profit). I only had $2700 coming back from the first break with blinds of 200-400. I got up to over 12,000 very quickly. I even knocked out 2 players while holding 2-2. Good grief. Then I made a bonehead move when I check-raised a guy with a paired board and I was holding the nut flush. He had a full house. OUCH!

After that fiasco I tightened up considerably and was almost out until I picked up the rockets in the big blind. I said, "Oh, darn" and called two all-ins and my hand held up - yeah!! I could have split with the eventual winner and picked up an extra $50, but I really like head's up practice and that's just the way it goes. As usual, I went in with the best hand (A-10 of spades) and got beat (8-7 offsuit). Oh well! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are on a great run, keep it up!