Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Best Poker Weekend Ever - Part Five

I was SO tired on Sunday morning, but because I was already up thanks to my worthless yet loveable kitty cat, I went on down to the Crazy Moose for the 10:00 a.m. tournament anyway. I ended up splitting first 3 ways and took $390.

My favorite and luckiest hand was when "Triple Gutter" called my all-in with A-10 off. I had pocket nines. This was near the end of the tournament when only 6 of us were left. A ten hit on the flop . . . sob . . . cry . . . moan. A nine hit on the turn . . . jump up and down . . . do the wave! Yippee! He wasn't out, but he was crippled and he was gone on the very next hand. It was pretty easy from there.

Did I go home and take a nap? Hell, no. I had to do laundry (but not fold it) and go grocery shopping and make dinner, etc. My really wonderful poker weekend ended on the same note as it began - with a loss in the Cable Bridge 7:00 tournament. In hindsight, however, I never should have played this tournament because I was simply exhausted and I was not thinking very clearly and I played very badly as a result. I was home and sound asleep before 9:30.

Before ending, I must give a lot of credit to poker professional Susie Isaacs. I took many a day off in the past few weeks and some of that time was spent reading her book, "Queens Can Beat Kings". I learned the five "P"s of poker and really worked on them and I honestly think I play a better game now. Unless you read her book, these weapons (the 5 Ps) shall remain my little secret - ha!

All-in-all, I have to say that this weekend was my best ever. I sure wish life was perfect and would allow this type of poker weekend a little bit more often.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Wow. What a weekend of poker!!! You are my newest role model. Unbelievable.