Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Worst Hand Loses - Go Figure!

I played the $11 cheapie tournament at the Cable Bridge last night and I'm here to tell you that the cost of the tournament means nothing to me. I still want to win! I still get frustrated when I see garbage for 30 minutes. I still get impatient when I have only 900 chips and the blinds are 100-200. Call me silly.

I looked down to see A-K suited in the big blind and went all-in with my last 900. I won that hand when nobody called and got an additional 300. The very next hand in the small blind I saw A-7 suited in diamonds and because there were four limpers in front of me, I went all-in again with my last 1200. I do not think this was a bad play. One guy folded and two guys called me, putting 3600 plus the 300 blinds in the pot.

When the flop came A-7-2 rainbow and I had flopped top two pair, I was very excited. I just knew I was going to double-up and be right in the fight. I guess I got cocky. One guy went all-in for his last 700 and the other guy called because he had plenty of chips and the pot odds were great.

Guy #1 had A-K, so he had top pair with top kicker. Guy #2 had pocket jacks and was in simply for the aforementioned pot odds. The turn was a blank and the river was a king. Sob. Moan. Groan. Two bigger pair than me. I'm gone. As indicated earlier, I didn't care if it was only an $11 buy-in. I was still thinking about the stupid hand this morning. Good grief.

I just wish that either one of these bozos had bothered to raise their very good hands instead of limping in. At this point, I can't say whether or not I would still have called, but with ace-little and one more round of the table to see other hands, I would like to think I would have folded. Who knows. Call me bummed.

No comments: