Monday, April 27, 2009

Slowing Down a Little

Well, the old win rate is down to 36% right now, but it's interesting to note that the four tournaments I have cashed in since April 13 have all been FIRST PLACE cashes. I split first place with "Old Joe" at the Crazy Moose this past Saturday, so I consider that to be a first place cash, even though Joe actually had 2 more chips that I did. It was fun because he was down to one red chip and came back in about 3 hands to become the chip leader. A chip and a chair!! Also, it was two in a row for me on Saturdays at the Moose. Whahoo!!

Last night I played the $15 tournament at the Cable Bridge. There were 25 alternates and the pay-out probably would have been pretty good, but I never stayed around long enough to find out.

I started out very well, limping in with pocket eights on the button, catching a set and then a full house on the turn. The lady next to me went all-in with trip sevens and I busted her and had a nice chip stack. I won another hand with pocket eights after raising pre-flop and getting no callers.

Then I pushed with pocket tens and flopped an open-ended straight draw and became extremely stupid. First, I RARELY hit open-ended straight draws. Second, there were 2 other people in the pot. I bet with my open-ender. The first player went all-in for about 700 more and the next player went all-in, which would also put me all-in. I should have just folded, but I got greedy and I just knew that my stupid draw had to come in sooner or later. WRONG!! The second player had flopped a set of nines and actually got quads on the turn. OUCH!! End of night.

On a brighter note, even though I am determined not to play much live for a while, I got bored Saturday night and went back to the Crazy Moose. I'm glad I did because I hit quad threes for $499!! About one hour later a guy on the second table hit quad queens, also for $499. My timing was back to being atrocious, because I hit quad queens on my table TWO hands later!! Good grief. It was a good day, though, and I certainly can't complain!!

1 comment:

Phil said...

I think you are doing very well Lynne. Sometimes you just have to go for it on those draws, but I would always like to be the one with the made hand. I will be back in tricities next monday, so have at em on Saturday.