Tuesday, April 21, 2009

43% Win Rate Last Seven Tournaments

I'm continuing to be pretty lucky (skillful??). I won the $15 tournament at the Cable Bridge on April 13. I split first in the $30 tournament at the Cable Bridge on April 16 and I won the $40 tournament at the Crazy Moose on April 18. So, out of my last seven tournaments, I have won (or split first) three times for a total net profit of $689, which includes the $215 I blew in the limit hold 'em tournament in Pendleton.

The Pendleton tournament was fun, but I only lasted about 2 hours. I had some good chips early and then went card dead. They had some poker celebrities there and I had one named Bonnie Something-or-other at my table. I did not recognize her. She knocked me out so I got to "spin the wheel" for a prize. I chose a poker book entitled "Queens Can Beat Kings" by Suzie Isaacs who happened to be at the tournament and who was kind enough to autograph the book for me. I also got to meet Marsha Waggoner. All-in-all it was great fun.

Speaking of queens beating kings, I held queens on both Monday and Thursday last week and beat kings both times when I was all-in. I flopped a set and turned a full house each time. It was nuts. They were not kind to me last night, however. I had 17,000 in chips at the final table and was probably second in the chip stack department. One guy went all-in for only 3,000 and another guy raised to 9,000 all-in. I looked down to find two black queens, so I called both of them. Guy #1 flopped a flush and Guy #2 hit a king on the turn. Phooey. One more spade would have been nice!! Oh, well. I ended up out of the money.

I'm taking tonight off and will try again tomorrow. I haven't played the cash game for almost 2 weeks. I'm not really missing it right now.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Lynne, good job in the tournaments lady! I am looking forward to getting back to tri-cities next week and playing some more. Glad you had fun in Pendleton, the limit is tough when you go card dead, but hey, at least you got the book. That is more than most players can say.