Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Poker Resolutions for 2009

I try this every year and it never quite works out, but I'll give it a shot.

1. Quit playing crummy aces. In other words, no playing A-7 off suit at any time unless I'm in the blind and there's not a raise. Most of the rules assume that I'm not in the blind.

2. Always leave my checkbook and/or debit card and/or credit cards at home and only take with me the money I can afford to spend. I'm doing fairly well at this already, but I forget sometimes and I invariably get into the money . . . bad girl!

3. Try to be a little tighter in the low limit games, but still have fun. We have the monte carlo board which tends to make me be a more stupid player than I already am. Ignore the board and play the cards I know I should be playing and throw the other ones away.

4. Attempt to study betting patterns more and get better at betting (in tournaments) myself.

5. Continue reading poker books. One can never learn too much about this game.

6. Keep having fun with my favorite garbage hand because if one cannot have fun, one has no reason to play. Period.

7. Remember what Doyle Brunson says at the beginning of "Poker After Dark". We don't stop playing because we get old. WE GET OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING. This ties in with #6.

8. Try not to go on tilt.

9. Respect other players at all times even if they don't respect me. Don't let them get to me or put me on tilt either.

10. Never give up. Never surrender. Never get out of the boat (that's from "Apocalypse Now").

I think that's it. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ME AND TO EVERYONE ELSE!!!

2 comments:

Phil said...

Great resolutions, hope you keep all of them....I will be watching.

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very fine......