Friday, January 2, 2009

Another Resolution

After having blown a terribly stupid amount of money playing low limit on New Year's eve, I have decided to change my playing habits a bit. I am not going to play at all until January 10 at the earliest because I blew most of my budget for this pay period. I will only play the $40 tournament on that date and if I don't make money, I will not play again until January 17. I am only going to play tournaments and 10-20 for awhile. I will not play 10-20 until I build up at least a $400-500 buy-in from tournament wins only. I am really going to concentrate on bettering my tournament skills and not playing really super low limits for a couple of months. This is what I refer to as poker "tough love". I need to get my head straight and quit blowing so much money on low limit crap. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Phil said...

wow, surprising post given the new year's resolutions. I am sorry it has been going so bad, especially in the low limit game, but I fully understand it. You can sit and play correctly and tight forever while watching the idiots play every hand and roll up big stacks while your occasional aces or kings get cracked by absolute garbage (but not 7/2 as you know why you play that). I am not sure that the limit makes any difference however. Some of the same idiots play that game too. I have also been busted big time with my aces in tournaments by people wanting to "gamble". There is no magic bullet that can turn your game around I fear. I pay a lot of attention anymore to how I am running, either hot or cold. If I am running hot, I try to play more, if cold, less or at lower limits. It is always wise to play within your bankroll, which it sounds like you are definitely doing. Keep the faith.