Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Royalty At Last!!

Last Sunday I finally got my first "official" royal flush! I had never had a royal when holding two of the five necessary cards in my hand. I had one about 6 years ago holding only the ace of spades. About 3 years ago I got another one holding only the king of spades. I guess it was fitting that I got my first 2-card royal holding the A-K of spades!

I had been telling myself to go home for about 2 hours because I didn't want to spend all my Pendleton fun money ahead of time. I decided to play one more round. Good decision. It was an unraised pot. The flop was J of spades, 10 of diamonds, Q of spades, so I flopped the nut straight with a redraw to a flush and potential royal. I said to myself, "Come on, TJ put the right 10 on the turn." HE DID!!! It must have been ESP I swear. I also must have a pretty good poker face because nobody knew I had it.

I checked and called the entire hand and the river was checked as well. TJ was super happy with his tip and I was super happy to "break the seal" as it were and get this out of my way. I've been waiting for one for so darned long I didn't think it would ever happen. Plus I got even more fun money for Pendleton for winning the monte carlo! What a day :)

1 comment:

Phil said...

Congratulations. The first of many I hope.