Monday, February 23, 2009

Lynne Loves Poker Even More After Last Weekend

Wow. I wish I was this lucky (or good?) all the time. For two weeks in a row, I split the Saturday tournament three ways and made a net profit (after buy-in and tip) of $260. I split it with Dan and Max. I did not have beer for breakfast this time - ha! I played a little 3-6 kill later in the day, but didn't do too much as I had the "big" Sunday tournament and wanted my head clear for that one.

Clear head - right? Not so much. I got talked into beer for breakfast again, but it was OK. I am defintely NOT going to make a habit of it, even though my $50 entry paid off big time. There were a total of 30 players. After nearly felting myself at $100-$200 blinds, I made a very nice comeback and never had less than $20,000 in chips after that. I was up to $36,000 at one point, but ended the tournament at about $22,000. When it was 2:10 p.m. there were 5 players left and before he looked at his cards, "Jimmer" indicated that he had a plan. He suggested that we split the $4,800 prize pool - $900 for each player and $300 for the dealers. There were two players (Jimmer and Norm) who wanted to play in the Cable Bridge tournament, so they were motivated to agree because they were already late! I had no problem with it, as I simply do not play in expensive tournaments. Thus, my biggest win so far was 2nd place last Labor Day of $600. We all quickly agreed to the split, so my new record is now $900! Not a bad profit for a $50 buy-in, eh? The 5 winners were me, Norm, Jimmer, Doctor Dave and Frank (formerly "Woodstock" - he cut his hair!!).

So, in two tournaments I made a profit of over $1,000. Maybe I should quit playing 3-6 and 4-8 altogether?? No, but I'm definitely going to cut way back on it.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Great Wins Lynne. You are to be feared.