Friday, May 8, 2009

Sort of a win

I played the Cable Bridge tournament Wednesday at 7:00 and had what I refer to as "sort of" a win - ha! I paid $33 to play and ended up with a total of $40. The other players decided to pay fifth play $30 and I knocked out 2 players for two $5 bounties.

I just know that I would have won the darned thing, but I got beat badly on two separate hands by A-8, which is my actual favorite hand, whether people believe it or not. They all seem to think it's 7-2. Can't figure out why. :) Anyhow, with about $12,000 in chips I raised to $3,000 with pocket queens and a guy went all-in for $4,000, so it was a "no brainer" to call him, right? Right! He had A-8 offsuit and caught an ace on the turn. Bummer. I still had $8,000 but the blinds were $500 and $1,000, so I wasn't too thrilled about it. After about six more hands, there were two minutes left before the blinds were going to go up again, so I pushed all-in with A-7 suited in hearts and got called by A-8 suited in clubs. He flopped A-8-3. Ouch!

I do believe I shall relegate A-8 to the bottom of the heap for awhile. 7-2 is looking better all the time!!

1 comment:

Phil said...

Lynne, you just ran into some bad luck with his 3 outer. As to A/8 it is one below what i consider a playable weak ace, A/9. The 8 is just generally not good. How did you do in the tournament this morning. I was pretty bummed to lose with my 7's, then get knocked out by the same guy when he wakes up with a monster kk.