Monday, November 10, 2008

POCKET KINGS AGAIN!!

Shortly after I got knocked out of the 8:00 a.m. Sunday tournament, I got crazy and decided to play the 10:00 a.m. also. One lady (Penny) was simply on fire & running over the table with every inconceivable hand known to man. I don't think I've ever seen her play a tournament, but in live play she plays every hand at least to the flop. In this specific tournament, she was just a complete and total "luck box" as it were. So, when I looked down and saw pocket kings with the blinds only $25-$50, I decided I'd better make it too expensive for her to call. I raised to $400. She called me anyway. I said, "Good lord, isn't there any way to make you fold before the flop?" She did not reply. Thankfully for me, an ace came on the flop, another player went all in, Penny called & I had to fold, although I must admit I sort of went on tilt at that point. The all-in player had A-10 offsuit and Penny had called $400 pre-flop with an 8-5 hearts. Good grief. I guess if you're on fire, you'll call with anything. She naturally got a heart on the river & knocked out the all-in player. It was a good thing that there was a break shortly therafter. I sure needed a breather after that one. On the other hand, maybe I'm just jealous that I wasn't as lucky as Penny.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Well, it is good to see someone I know following my blog. I will have to be careful what I say now!!!