Monday, November 10, 2008

I HATE pocket kings

Wow! I can't tell you how many times I've been knocked out of a tournament holding pocket kings. It is simply insane. The last time was in the 8:00 a.m. Sunday tournament at the Crazy Moose in Pasco. I was in the small blind. Blinds were $100-$200 and I only had about $1300 in chips remaining. There was one limper and then Niles raised to $900 in the cut-off position. This could have been a play for the pot or he could have had a big hand. No matter. When I look down & see pocket kings, I only have one play. If I simply call the $900 and there's an ace on the flop, I have to fold and only have $400 left. If I fold pocket kings, I'm a complete and total idiot. So, I go all in. What else could I do? Niles had pocket aces. Figures. Then, to add insult to injury, Dr. Phil and Marty both indicate that they have folded kings. My only hope is to flop some straight cards. The flop is all small cards and I am drawing completely dead. Good lord! Of course, a few weeks back I flopped sets with pocket kings back-to-back and that was very sweet, but I have been knocked out of tournaments more with pocket kings than with any other hand. Maybe next time I'll just fold! (Not really)

No comments: