Monday, July 30, 2012

An Average Chip Stack

I had some interesting conversations over the weekend regarding the way I play. 

On Friday a player I had just knocked out of the Jokers tournament told me I play really well with a lot of chips.  He said I really put the pressure on and put people to a lot of painful decisions.  He indicated I also know when to just lay back with my big stack and wait for the right opportunity.  I thanked him for his very nice comment.

On Saturday (also at Jokers) Michele told me she thought I was a super good short stack player and I was at my most dangerous when I had no chips.  She said I seemed to have really good insight as to when I should shove and when I shouldn't and which cards I should do it with.  I also thanked her for her very nice comment.

Gee, golly, if I could learn how to play an average chip stack, I might be a force to be reckoned with!

1 comment:

Phil said...

How did you do last night? I was majorly stuck and pissed. Every draw seemed to come in against me, and none of mine against them.