Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pocket Rockets Suck

Why do I seem to have the world's worst luck whenever I have pocket aces? Two recent examples:

Jokers Tournament - Blinds are 100-200. I am in middle position with about 6,000 chips. I raise to 800. Gary reraises to 2500. I shove all-in and he insta-calls. He has POCKET THREES!!! I simply cannot believe (a) that he reraised me to begin with and (b) that he insta-called me. Naturally he hit his 2-outer on the turn and I was done shortly thereafter. YUCK! Don't you just love it when bad play gets rewarded?

Steve's Tournament - Blinds are 200-400 and Randy Taylor raises to 1200 in early position. I am in late position and reraise all-in. I have him covered by about 2000 chips. He only thinks about it for maybe 10 seconds and calls, risking all his chips with POCKET SIXES!!!! (In his defense I believe he thought he was pot committed.) He does not only hit his 2-outer, but he hits it twice getting quads. I swear there is no justice in this game. So now I am the one with very few chips and I don't last much longer.

As I recently discovered - it's a heartache - nothing but a heartache. LOL. Gotta love poker. Gotta get that song & listen to it while I play. :)

1 comment:

Phil said...

I feel your pain, it is a heartache. On a positive note with rockets (I got knocked out of a tournament with them last week), I did win a nice cash pocket cracking them (KQ hearts, flop was j/10 of hearts, giving me open ended straight flush draw). Hit straight on turn.