Monday, January 16, 2012

Chopping at Jokers

The 12:30 tournament on Saturdays at Jokers is one of my favorites, as it is a deep stack with 20 minute rounds. One actually gets to play a bit of poker.

I couldn't lose during the first round except for one notable hand when I played 8-4 suited on the button against a raise (hello Dr. Phil) simply because I was on fire. I think anyone who was on the heater I was on at that point would have done the same thing. I flopped 2 pair and slow played it to my detriment as Dr. Phil got 2 bigger pair on the river. However, I didn't end up losing a lot on that hand, so it worked out OK.

In the end, I chopped 3 ways with Phil and Kim (a dealer at the Crazy Moose). We were trading chips back & forth for a little while & finally decided on the chop. It's always fun to make a profit.

The main thing I liked about this specific tournament was that (despite the 8-4 fiasco) I think I made pretty good decisions throughout. When a person consistently tries to make good decisions on each and every hand, I think the outcome is always better. I must work much harder on this so that my results improve.

No comments: