Monday, February 23, 2015

I Finally Win A Moose Tournament

Oh my it's been forever since I posted anything.  This obviously means my poker outings have been nothing to write home about LOL.


I played both the 8am and 10am tournaments at the Moose on Saturday.  Didn't do any good in the first one, but the second one was fun because I actually won it and it was a "chip and a chair" victory.


I was down to one 1,000 red chip when I made the final table and had to draw a new seat.  Naturally, I drew seat one and with blinds and 1,000-2,000 I was all-in.  I didn't bother looking at my cards.  It turned out that I had 77 and won 4,000 when I ended up with a straight.  Yeah!


A couple of hands later I got AA and went all-in again and the hand held up against 4 other hands, which surprised me a lot.  With a mere 8,000 chips I became unstoppable and didn't lose another hand.  It was just crazy.  For example, if my opponent had KJ I would have AJ, etc.  I dominated on every hand and won them all.  This never happens to me so I was enjoying it a lot. 


I wish this happened more often but without the chip and a chair.  I would just like to win a little more regularly without feeling like I'm struggling every time.  Sheesh.

2 comments:

Phil said...

It is a great feeling to win on a comeback. Lately my experience is that I get deep but short and then get called no matter what my bet. My "new" strategy is to gamble more earlier (even though the pots are smaller usually) with marginally playable hands in position to try to hit a flop really hard. If I chip up earlier it is a lot easier to limp/call with hands you would have to bet big with a small stack (example, 10/J...nearly always want to see a flop, but not a great early raising hand, also small pocket pairs that usually miss but stack big hands when they connect). Think about the Jerry or Guy strategy. It is not so bad in turbo tournaments like the Moose. Horrible plan in deeper stack, slower tournaments.

7 Dewey said...

Very good points. Will work on it and let you know how it goes.