Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I Just Love Donna

OK, so I said I would never post again & it has been since February since I bothered to do so, but I just couldn't let this go.


I guess I never fully realized how some people just never think about their hands or what cards other people might have or how good their kicker is or basically anything at all except the 2 cards they are holding.  Last Sunday this hand came up.  I believe it was the first or second hand of the tournament when blinds were 25-25.


Kristen (a very tight player) raised to 150 under the gun.  I believe one other player called, as did Donna.  The flop was 8-3-K rainbow.  Kristen bet 400.  First player folded.  Donna called.  Turn was a 2.  Kristen bet 1,000.  Donna called.  River was a 5 or a 6.  Can't remember.  Kristen bet 2,000.  Donna called.  Kristen turns over AA.  Donna turns over K7 and says, "Well, she had to have an ace to beat me."


I just about fell out of my chair.  I started mumbling to myself, "K8, K9, K10, KJ, KQ, KK, AK, etc., etc., etc."  It was just about the funniest thing I've heard her say yet.  How can anyone who plays poker be so one dimensional?  I want her at my table all the time.

2 comments:

Phil said...

And that is precisely why she is such a dangerous player. Without a clue means you are fearless (no brain, no pain). Luck always seems to hover around her, protecting her from her own poor decisions.
I am in town for a couple of weeks, hope to see you at the tables.

Phil said...

Donna update: She took half my chips this morning when she slow played her AQ on a queen high flop (I had 10/10)