Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Just When You Think You've See It All

Weirdness while playing live last Friday.  Paul was dealing.  I was in the small blind.  The first card hit my chips and flipped over - Ace of diamonds.  "Phooey" I said, knowing that it would have to be shuffled into the deck and I would get another card.  Paul said maybe he could give it back to me.  After the mandatory shuffling he proceeded to deal.  Wow.  The first card I looked at was the ace of diamonds.  What are the odds?  I got an 8 of diamonds to go with it and called a $7 raise to see a flop.  I ended up getting AAAA8 for the 8pm high hand.  I guess it was meant to be for me to get that ace.

On less of a weird scale, I got the A8 of diamonds again later and ended up with AAA88 for the 10pm high hand and it held up too.  I've always liked A8 - don't ask me why.  It seems to like me too.

1 comment:

Phil said...

It was fated. I don't know why we become attached to certain hands. They become sort of self fulfilling prophecies at times. I am partial to 8/8 as have had very good luck with hitting sets.